We’ll make a lash lift expert of you yet!
At nkd we love a good lash lift! We hear from our client’s day in day out how amazing it makes them feel, how it reduces their time putting their make-up on in the mornings and how much younger looking they feel after having a good lash lift. For these reasons and many more our clients become loyal returning customers, which every small business needs.
When people think of lashes, they think of mascara of lash extensions/false lashes but both of these have their draw backs – mascara doesn’t always give you the wow factor you’re looking for and the fuss and extra weight of false lashes or extensions may not suit you.
So, if your client is looking for a dramatic impact from their natural lashes, with minimal maintenance then a lash lift may be their best option. The treatment used a curling rod and chemical solution to curl the client’s lashes, setting them in place until the next treatment. It’s often referred to as a ‘perm for your lashes’ and because no extra lashes are added on the effect comes from the client’s own lashes – giving a dramatic and more natural effect.
What happens during a lash lifting treatment?
Silicon pads are applied to protect the skin around your client’s eyelids, then a solution and tint are applied to your lashes, creating and setting the curl from the route – training them to curl up and out instead of straight to give you a glamorous, showstopping finish.
Why is a lash lift better than lash extensions?
- The upkeep for lash lifts is a lot less, they don’t require the brushing, care or attention that lash extensions need
- Unlike the artificial weight of lash extensions, a lash lift will not damage your natural lashes
- Although a lash lift won’t give you the voluminous effect that false lashes will by adding in extra lashes, they will still give a dramatic and impressive finish – and you can always add a strip lashes in for that special night out!
How long does a lash lift last?
If a lash is done well it should last for 6-8 weeks but the longevity of the effects do depend on how well the lashes are looking after. In terms of aftercare, you should recommend the following to your clients:
- Avoid water or mascara for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
- Don’t use lash serums, eyelash extensions, or eye creams for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
- Only use oil-free products on your face following the treatment.
- Don’t sleep on your new lash lift — sleep on your back for the first night to avoid bending lashes
We offer regular lash lift training at nkd ( ) and we’re proud to say both our therapists and clients on the day leave very happy with perfectly lifted lashes. Check out some of our work for yourself…