Which wax should I use and why we, at nkd ( ) love Perron Rigot…
nkd ( ) is proud to be the flagship UK Salon Group for Perron Rigot waxes. We never have, and never will, consider an alternative brand of wax. And neither should you. This is because, quite simply, Perron Rigot makes the BEST depilatory waxes available globally today.
Guided by performance and innovation, Perron Rigot has always been a pioneer in creating new products such as the first low-temperature wax, the first non-strip wax and the first hypoallergenic wax.
What sets Perron Rigot apart from other wax brands is that its high-quality waxes are applied at low temperature, ensuring pain-free application as well as superb results. Pre- and post-waxing products, accessories and equipment offer therapists a complete waxing system. The wide range of wax textures to choose from (creamy, honey-like, velvety, fluid or gloss-effect), allows a customised service to meet individual needs. A wax for every treatment and skin type.
So, who are Perron Rigot?
- They are the leading brand of luxury waxing treatment products
- Perron Rigot products are made in France where the brand is market leader
- They are distributed worldwide with own branches (subsidiaries) in USA, Canada, UK, Spain and Portugal
- They have been part of the Thalgo Group since 2004
What are the strengths of Perron Rigot Wax?
- LESS PAINFUL: by adhering to the hair rather than the skin, waxing is less painful
- LOW TEMPERATURE: the wax heats at a lower temperature, wax goes on slightly above body temperature
- LESS REDNESS: with its gentle hair removal, It ensures little to no inflammation or redness and respect of sensitive skins
- LESS INGROWN HAIRS: Our waxes removes hair from its root; avoiding ingrown hairs associated with other traditional methods
- TIME SAVER: Dries fast and works in thin layers
- NO WAX RESIDUE: leaves the customer with no “stickiness” after service
Hot Wax vs Strip Wax
When it comes to intimate waxing, at nkd ( ) , we only ever use “hot wax” for these treatments (also called non-strip wax). The particular hot wax that we use is Perron Rigot Euroblonde which is perfect for sensitive skin and works particularly well on short, tough hairs. The thin layers of the wax applied directly to the skin, allow the wax to encapsulate the hair before the wax sets to a supple, malleable consistency.
Hot wax can also be used on underarms and other sensitive areas.
When it comes to larger areas such as legs, arms and back we use a traditional strip wax – the particular strip wax we use is Perron Rigot’s Cristal Ocean. In addition to this we do use a sensitive strip wax on for facial waxing – Perron Rigot’s Boudoir.
Choosing the right wax for your – and your client’s- needs is essential to giving a comfortable, effective waxing experience.